Monday, March 19, 2012

Written as it comes. Unedited. Untitled.

You have to tell me to leave you
I would love you to say leave me
or love me
Because there’s nothing more that I want
but to be with you
and watch your movements
in silent black and white movies.
Your classic furrow
and moody flickering candle-light eyes
movements you make in bed
where I’ve been like a tourist
visiting the place I thought I’d never make it to.
I can’t forget I can be called yours.
Between states of grief and melancholy
my mind, an all knowing mother,
gives me you again
between pale sheets and moonlight and shadows;
a monochrome dream
with small parted lips beneath me
and I, finally, becoming your first thought.
The full focus you have always been to me.

You need to tell me to leave you
even though you’re never around to
be left from.
You need to hurt me and leave me for dead
and then hurt me all over again
so that maybe I can go.
Give me a fair shot otherwise
I’ll never be happy again.
Unless I see you again.
I’ll never be happy again.

You know it’s what I do best.
To tell you I love you
without ever saying a word.
And you stand there
and you watch the unborn words
trapped inside try to reach you
but the look you wear
is all the God forsaken words need
to stop and nestle further inside.
And I will always hear them reminding me
what you mean to me
what you mean to me
and the burden will never be yours
but you'll stare with a tortured stare
that I know too well.

No comments:

Post a Comment